THE LAUNCH OF MY BRAND LOGO

techwalla.com

Branding encompasses a unique name, logo and selling proposition.

However, when a person decides to start a business of any kind, the process of defining his/her brand should not be in this order. 

First and foremost, finalize the distinctive selling point of the product or service you are offering. After that, generate a name which describes what you are bringing to the table and finally, design a logo that represents a merger of the inimitable selling proposition and the brand name.

Without the first, there is no business idea and a brand name with its logo should not be abstract unless that is associated to your business. For instance, having a stethoscope in your logo when your product or service is not medically aligned is just gibberish. 

The logo’s text font, shape and colour must be taken into consideration. For the primary colours; Red is generally known to depict boldness, flamboyance and aggressiveness. Yellow is more of an in the middle-of-the-road colour. Blue illustrates some sort of less tense, tranquil and comforting vibe. 

Secondary colours orange, green and violet also have their meanings. Orange promises something between what red and yellow does, green promises something between what yellow and blue does whiles violet promises something between what red and blue does. 

Concerning the shapes, basic circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, ovals, arrows, stars, banners and the like portray simplicity but when tweaked (maybe in 3D or turned another way) can mean a touch of difference. A totally diverse or unusual shape might mean something totally different or unknown. Also, using shapes or pictures of items such as balls, leaves, eyes, fingers/palm, gadgets, etc. are also relevant when understanding a logo. 

With font, italics – elegance, uppercase – prominence, sentence case – regularity, toggle case – playfulness.

Inferring from the above, a logo with orange colour, basic oval shape and italics font is likely to mean something which is common yet designed elegantly and coming off as partially bold.

The general outlook of a logo such as fanciness or complexity should also be related to the business.

MY BRAND LOGO

The brain behind my logo is Kelvin Botchway, a level 400 BSc. Accounting student in the University of Ghana. He is an amateur graphic and web designer.

He designed three extremely different and imaginative logos but I chose this because its attributes spoke to me most and on that note, this is what my logo means;

The White Background: To me, white has a bearing on cleanliness, which explains the fact that I do not plan or desire to be vulgar with the expressions and pictures I use, issues I tackle or/and connotations I give off. With this, my audience can be anybody. This is also why I stay away from political issues as well as matters related to religion, sports and a county’s economy. This will drastically reduce the posting of such comments on my blog and social media platforms by other people. I also try to be as ethical as possible by acknowledging people when I use their work. 

The Black Font: The use of red alongside the uppercase would have a level of harshness which is why the black felt right to us. In the fashion world, black has similar meaning to red just that it is less loud but equally smart. Red has an instant effect but black is subtler in the sense that you do not realize its effect until a bit later. One of my objectives of this blog is that I want people to understand how things should be and hopefully gradually change their mind-sets.

The Uppercase Font: This is due to the fact that my posts fall on realism and in the normal setting when one is honest to the latter, it comes off as being forthright. 

The Green Font: The green font was used to portray openness and a level of composure which works well with the objective of the white background colour. 

The Green Leaves: Leaves because they signify life and it makes sense since my blog is a lifestyle one (focuses on life issues). The green because when leaves are at their best stage they are that colour so it brings to mind richness, maturity yet with a potential for growth. These are what I take into consideration in the presentation of posts on my blog and social media. 

Centre Alignment: Chosen because the things I write on which are lifestyle related are mostly the hub of our existence and activities thereof.   


Instagram: @ace_uhp     Facebook: Kelvin D Ace Botchway     Twitter: @ace_uhp

The above social media handles are that of Kelvin’s if you want to contact him. Also, if you need more information on branding and how I am going about mine then contact me on Instagram: @cee_jay_lynn or @_therealist21_ which is the platform on which I am most active and I will definitely get back to you. By the way, if you see this logo anywhere then you should know it is me. 

Thank You for Reading & All the Best!!!


Comments

  1. Love the logo! I also really liked that you took the time to explain what the details meant and your vision for the blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts