NETWORKING & NOT WORKING

permicro.it

The difference between the words networking and not working is just an ‘e’ in English terms but there is much more beyond that.

Meeting people, introducing yourself, interacting with them, exchanging cards, making contacts, making friends which leads to the building of relationships is the focus of networking.

Obviously, doing the opposite of the above means you are not working.

Many at times, we find so many excuses as to why we are where we are when others are way ahead by utilizing the networks they have built, some instantly and others over a period.

slideshare.net

Recently, I took up a position in the association of my department. It is not a huge title to the average person but through this I met a guy who also has a similar position as I have and within the three months that we have been friends, he has impacted my life in ways that the majority of the people I have known by just existing have not.

We have given each other the opportunity to meet other people, know things we didn’t, perceive issues differently, understand people and concepts better and so on. We get to view life at a different angle which is helping us become better individuals.

Other positions I have taken up in both academia and social life, have also allowed me to improve upon my social contacts.


ryzeapp.co

It is not easy since I am shy, reserved and generally an introvert. I am sometimes put on the spotlight suddenly yet expected to deliver to the best of my capabilities. This makes it difficult for people to believe that I would rather be in the background.

The philosophy I have developed and used for a while now is that, “Do what you have to when you have to so you do not regret it later”.

Without relationships, there will never be fruition. Not only must we learn to relate with others but we should learn to do it well.

We have to know a person beyond the physical. Knowing them intellectually, psychologically and personality wise is far better.

quotepixel.com

Backbiting and undermining individuals are not the best ways to build strong relationships with them.

“Never become the very thing you hate” and “Treat others the way you want them to treat you” are quotes I live by. They are the cradles to maintaining healthy relationships.

Interpersonal skills are requisite wherever we find yourself so an attempt should be made by us to develop it as much as possible.

The number of stories we have heard about people whose lives have changed because they were at a place at a particular point in time especially when they didn’t want or have to is uncountable.

Taking a bold step to know people outside your regular circle can change your life permanently so try it, EVEN THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND RICHEST PEOPLE STILL ATTEND EVENTS AND NETWORK, yet you might think that at that stage they do not need it. 

pinterest.com

Thank You for Reading & Good Luck!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts