ADULTING 101 - 1


events.hooverlibrary.org

This year has been difficult if I say so myself; physically, mentally, psychologically, emotionally and financially.
I have been stressed for the most part of the year so far but luckily a lot of things have happened which I am very grateful for.
Now, I do not know about you guys but I am a die-hard planner therefore I dislike impromptu situations be it in my favour or not.
What am I driving at? Well, let’s start from the beginning, shall we?
Growing up, the norm was finishing school, getting a well-paid job, getting married and then having kids.
Completion of Senior High School, a diploma or degree education was enough.
We based our plans on that to the extent where we chose career paths which we were not sure was for us.
After all, things were much easier.
Things have taken a 360 degrees turn.
You cannot afford to be in a profession you do not enjoy because you have to do a lot for the meagre salary you will earn.
You definitely have to attain a postgraduate level of education or partake in a certification course for you to get your ‘dream job’ which will not be fun to learn and spend on when you do not enjoy it.
You need experience which means you need to be older than the average graduate to have the job position that your degree should have made you automatically eligible for and capable of.
Whiles women are being pressured to get married after school, the men are being pressured to leave home which will be more feasible when they have a stable job.
This has led to so much negativity in the world today.
Weren’t we the future leaders a decade, 2 decades and 3 decades ago?
Finding a good job is like looking for a needle in a haystack, starting a business is like giving to twins at the same moment and further studies is unappetizing because of monotonous courses and unavailability of funding.
I guess this is the new ERA,
Where the transition from a thorough student life to a complete adult life is beyond rough.

This is just an introduction to the ADULTING 101 SERIES. In subsequent posts, I’ll tackle issues individually and not have a mismatch.  If you have not read any of my other posts, please do that so you can gain insight on some topical issues relevant for this series and my style of writing as well. Again, if you have anything to say such as a suggestion or constructive criticism or experience or opinion, then comment on this post but if it is private or personal contact me on Instagram @cee_jay_lynn or @_therealist21_ and I will get back to you.

mrsenginerd.com

Thank You for Reading and All the Best!!!


Comments

Popular Posts