RELATIONSHIP ELEMENTS 1 & 2


Now I am no relationship expert but I am very observant of my environment and what happens around me in relation to issues I am interested in. There are aspects of a relationship that are very relevant and seems to be what relationships lack in or have problems with. From the physical aspect to the mental aspect to the emotional aspect to the social aspect and finally the religious aspect. 

When you put your thoughts together concerning this, you realize that, the entire concept of a relationship encompasses the aforementioned. It grows and matures based on the state of these issues. 

I am 99.9% sure that failed relationships are caused by a deficiency in one or more of these factors just as successful ones are due to a surge in the issues pertaining to one or more of these factors. They can be considered as the major starting points of a relationship.

With all these in mind, I do not need to emphasise on the importance or relevance of these aspects of a relationship. Although, success in all these aspects will infer a perfect relationship and how exactly is that possible? I mean isn’t perfection overrated? Instead of a relationship being progressive, it will become static and that doesn’t sit well with me. That makes sense right?

In that case, all these parts of a relationship cannot be completely faultless at the same time and all the time. Nevertheless, we can to our utmost capacity try to understand them through which we can personally or individually develop means and ways of ensuring its regular improvement. 

1. THE PHYSICAL ELEMENT

whisper.sh

quotefancy.com

Why not start with this? On the surface, most men are seen to prioritize this whilst most ladies are not. I will hang in the middle on this and this is why. Both men and women, appreciate attractive things. I mean, if women did not then how do we excel in fashion. When I see a guy who is good looking or dresses appropriately, I will admire him just like when a man sees a woman of that sort. By the way, attractiveness is highly subjective so I am in no way saying some guys are not eye-catching.

whisper.sh

theworldlyrics.com

Some people want tall guys, slim girls, fair girls, dark guys and so on but that is not all there is to a person, besides, in most cases you get involved with a person who does not fit your criteria in the least. It is undoubtedly great to be with someone who appeals to you physically else any physical contact will seem forced or unpleasant or even non-existent though this is not the only reason for that. It only becomes a problem when we limit ourselves with this. Open mindedness is key.

2. THE MENTAL ELEMENT 

pinterest.com

pinterest.com

Many people do not really regard this until the relationship has begun and is attempting to grow whiles few actually have this as the reason the relationship started in the first place. I mean how many times do we hear people say that the attraction came up when an encounter lead to the realization that they think alike or see things in a similar light?

positivistic.com

twitter.com

 Personally, I do not like to talk too much which means over explaining myself is not a fun activity for me and therefore I value individuals I can connect mentally with. A kind of relationship where words are not always necessary. We can tell what each other’s opinion will be when an issue is brought up, inside jokes are a constant, we act before we speak because we know what the other wants and likes. That will be a beautiful relationship, wouldn’t it? This is the foundation of having two people in a relationship who understand each other better than they do others. I also refer to it as psychological appeal. 

Conclusion: Earlier on, I did mention the fact that perfection is not the focus so an individual will not be 100% attractive to you or you will not fully agree on absolutely everything, after all, even identical twins are different. For instance, he/she might have bad breath or she prefers him to be the one who texts regularly but he has a different opinion. Just know that a balance of these elements (physicial and intellectual intimacy) is vital.

Question: Between these two, which do you prioritize over the other and why? If none, then you might prefer any of the other three elements. 

Anticipate for the blog post next week which will contain information on the third, fourth and fifth elements. If you have anything to say such as a suggestion or constructive criticism or experience or opinion, then comment on this post but if it is private or personal contact me on Instagram @cee_jay_lynn and I will get back to you.


whisper.sh

Thank You for Reading and Good Luck!!!!

Comments

  1. Personally, I think they're both equally important but I would definitely prioritize the mental element. I think it's really important to be able to be in sync with my partner, to discuss stuff, argue and learn from each other. Having someone I don't connect with mentally just seems like torture to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts