COLOURED HAIR INSPIRATION

1. Jawline bob weave



I did this a year ago. The colour I included was purple. I used 2 packs of 8” colour 2 human hair weave and 2 strips of the coloured hair. Initially, I wanted a chin length bob but I did not consult my hair stylist before buying the hair so she cut the hair to the best of her ability. I had it in for about 7 weeks and absolutely loved it.

2. Customized crochet braids



I got this fixed November 2017. The green hair I had seen a while back but because I do not want to fix braids directly I waited until I got someone who could do it as crochet, not over charge and fix it beautifully. I took it off in January and because it is crochet, I did not have to un-braid so I have washed the individual braids and will fix it again when I want to. Unfortunately, it took 10 hours to fix because it was long, not big and not pre-braided hair but since I can use it again, it makes it worth it. 

3. Pixie Cut


This is currently what I have in. The colour is curry yellow according to my hair stylist. I used 2 packs of hair in colour 2 and 1 1/2 strips of the coloured hair. It is like an incomplete fringe. This is the third week and will take if off maybe ending of March. I just comb it and off I go. Before I sleep, I use bobby pins to pin the hair in place (else it will be difficult to get the hair especially the fringe part to lie down in the morning unless I use a straightener) then I wear a hair net (the type used for wig caps)

4. Crochet kinky afro cut



Got this fixed middle part of last year for my internship since I couldn’t do extremely fashionable and colourful hairstyles. I used about 1/3 of the brown and almost 2 packs of the black. It was supposed to be a tapered cut but this is what came out and it still looked good. The only problem I had was that I had to pick and pull the hair especially at the back and sides since it compresses when I sleep. I think when the cornrows are close together and the hair is not cut very low, you might not encounter that problem. 

5. Crochet kinky twist out



Fixed this in 2016 and 2017. Best way to reuse kinky hair that you have already twisted. I did not want to use a lot of the hair so I opted for the side cornrows. I doubt I can use this hair again since I have used it 3 times already but that is because I did not buy very quality hair especially for the brown so consider that when choosing the hair to buy or use. 

6. Crochet yarn twits



This was all burgundy, no black. Fixed it in 2016. Because it was crochet and yarn, it was quite bulky so could not style it much but I loved it all the same. I used over 15 small yarn rolls. I had the twists done lose because I had not really seen that style around. The individual yarn twists are currently washed and ready to be used again. Get someone who can braid very neatly else the hair might look like a mop since it is yarn and in twists. 

7. Curly weave 



Fixed this December 2015. It was not human hair. The colour was a shade of gold. I used 2 packs of 12” hair and obviously opted for a slight side part. Had it in for about 7 weeks as well. 

8. Crochet with braiding hair





My first crochet hairstyle. I fixed it in 2015 I think. It took 2 packs of colour 1 and 2/3 pack of colour 350 (which is copper) braiding hair. The hair was cut into 3 but the colour was cut into 4. The hair sheds a lot in the first 2 weeks. The second picture is when it was curled (jumbo braided and dipped in hot water then un-braided). The curls frizz up quickly though. 

NB: The braiding hair used is called outre but not expression. I am not into pictures so sorry for how some of these look. I fix a lot of crochet because direct braiding is not helping my relaxed hair but if you are not a fan of crochet then fix them the traditional way. I'm planning on a blue, red or orange next so stay tuned. I am not a makeup person, all I do is lipstick which is one of the many reasons I love having colour in my hair but once in a while I do all black. If you need more information on the various hairstyles, message me on Instagram @cee_jay_lynn and I will get back to you. Also, if you fix any of these hairstyles, you can tag me as well. 

Thank You for Reading & Stay Beautiful!!!

Comments

  1. It's impressive how many colours you've already done and looking forward to the orange the most. Also I've definitely seen some mop-looking twists around😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right but I still feel there are more colours to try. I'm starting to contemplate on the orange though 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....when you get to office, look out for the big lady with coloured hair. She's Jacqueline Commodore.
    That's one perculiar and handprint of you🎖️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts